NYS Working Papers

You need working papers for any job except the following: work on the home farm, caddying, baby-sitting, casual employment consisting of household chores and yard work in and about a residence or the premises or a non-profit organization that does not involve the use of power-driven machinery.

Working papers are issued for two different age groups:

  • 14-15 Years of Age (Blue working papers card)  click here
  • 16-17 Years of Age (Green working papers card) click here


How to Obtain Working Papers

Working papers are only issued through the high school. Obtain a Working Papers application from your school Counseling Office or download here.

You will need to have had a physical within the last 12 months. Complete Part I of the application form and have your parent or guardian sign it. Return the completed application to the secretary in the Main Office. The secretary will issue the Official Working Paper card. It will be ready to pick up the following day.