BNL Athletics Schedule
Winter 2023 – 2024 BNL Coaches
Molly Zinna- mzinna@berlincentral.
Soshana Harris- shoshanaharris1@gmail.
Modified Boys Basketball
Mason Hitchcock- email@example.com
Please find important transportation and schedule information for the 2023-2024 BNL Athletics Winter Season here.
Congratulations to BNL Fall Wasaren League Student-Athlete All-Stars! Find the list here. GO BNL!
The BNL Community came out to support and celebrate our student-athletes last week at the BNL Fall Sports Awards Night. Read on and see photo highlights here.
BNL Winter 2023/2024 Sports Registration is open! Register here.
School physicals are required for students entering the school district for the first time, grades Pre-k or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11, and to participate in Athletics. Learn more here.
- Practices in New Lebanon:
- Berlin students will take the NL shuttle bus at 3 pm from BMHS to NL. They will be transported back to BMHS at approximately 5:30pm and will need to be picked up from BMHS.
- Practices in Berlin:
- Berlin students will be able to take the 5 pm late bus home if needed. Sign up for the late bus is in the cafeteria during lunch period and BEFORE 2 pm.
- New Lebanon students will take the NL shuttle bus to and from BMHS.
- Shuttle from NL:
- Departs- 2:45 Arrives- 3:00
- Shuttle from Berlin to NL post practice:
- Departs- 5:05 Arrives- 5:20
- Bowling Transportation:
- There will be transportation to Hoosick Falls BBQ for bowling, but no transportation back to the schools.
- Students must be picked up at Hoosick Falls BBQ at 4:45pm.
BNL Letters and Announcements
- BNL Dominic Murray Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention Act is a new law as of July 1, 2022. This law requires schools, students, and parents/guardians have information on sudden cardiac arrest risks, signs, and symptoms. Please see the letter linked above for more about this.
Mr. Jason McFall
Berlin Central School District
Athletic Director and Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
The Berlin Central School District is pleased to welcome Mr. Jason McFall (aka Coach McFall) as the district’s Athletic Director and Adaptive Physical Education teacher.
Coach McFall has been in the education field as a coach and or administrator for 25 years. McFall will be joining the Berlin Administrative Team as the district’s Athletic Director for the BNL Athletics program. He will also be part of the district’s teaching staff: coaching/teaching strength and conditioning to high school Mountaineers, teaching an Adaptive Physical Education class at the elementary level and working to develop an extracurricular pass/fail intramural program for 6th grade Mountaineers.
Learn more about Coach McFall in his own words here
Berlin/New Lebanon Booster Club
As part of our continued sports mergers the Berlin and New Lebanon Booster Clubs have made the decision to merge into one unit to service all interscholastic athletics. As part of their efforts to communicate with families they have developed a Facebook page. The title of the page is Berlin-New Lebanon Athletics Booster Club and the handle is @BerlinNLBoosterClub. The page contains a wide variety of information and we encourage all parents to check out what’s available.
Wasaren League Information
Officials’ Retroactive Payment
If you are an official seeking retroactive pay, please download the officials’ claim form and submit to Charles Paravella via mail. Please do NOT e-mail or fax form as we are required to have an original signature.
If you have any questions, please contact the Athletics Department.
ARCHIVED BNL NEWS and INFORMATION
Media Coverage of BNL Athletics
- BNL Boys Varsity Victory over Hoosick Falls in the Bennington Banner
- Best of the Week in Section II sports 4/11
- Important Information from Athletic Director Mr. Paravella 3/18
- BCSD Launches High-Risk Intramurals
- Berlin CSD Approves Intramural High-Risk Winter Sports
- Letter from County Executive Steve McLaughlin on High-Risk Winter Sports