Hudson Valley Community College
Hudson Valley Community College offers scholarships specifically for students in Rensselaer County. The application deadline for each of these is March 13.
Ryan W. Gardner Memorial Scholarship sponsored by the Rensselaer County Association of Town Superintendents of Highways
Awarded to a Rensselaer County high school graduate entering the Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Technology program.
Clarence Charles Sliter, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund
Awarded to an incoming student enrolling in the Automotive Technology Program. Preference is given to a student from Rensselaer County with a strong community volunteer portfolio. Scholarship is renewable for a second year provided student maintains an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher.
Otto V. Guenther Scholarship/Award
Established to honor Hudson Valley Community College’s first president, Otto V. Guenther, this scholarship is awarded to a student enrolled in the nursing program, any other related health science degree or certificate program, any degree or certificate program related to laboratory technology or the physical education program. Eligibility based on financial need and scholastic ability. Preference will be given to residents of Rensselaer County.
Christopher M. Premo Memorial Scholarship
Awarded to a Rensselaer County high school graduate entering the School of Engineering and Industrial Technologies. Preference for a student majoring in Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Technology.
Norm Stahlman Memorial Scholarship
Awarded to a Rensselaer County high school graduate majoring in Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Technology.
To apply, students should go to https://hvcc.academicworks.com/ and sign in with their Hudson Valley issued username and password. If they do not know or cannot remember their username or password, they may request it by completing the Username and Password Request Form.
Email email@example.com or call the Foundation Office at (518) 629-8012 with any questions.
Applicants must be the primary member on a SEFCU account and will be judged on academic performance, extracurricular, community and volunteer activities, and quality and content of a written essay. For more information, visit www.sefcu.com/scholarships
- Robert Cornute Memorial Scholarship – $2,500 award given to a student who demonstrates excellence in the classroom, leadership skills and a commitment to the community. In addition, a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion efforts, whether through school or volunteer work is required for consideration of this scholarship.
- John llacqua Memorial Scholarship- This one-time, $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to a high school senior planning to attend Siena College
- Jean Myers Memorial Scholarship- This one-time, $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to a high school senior planning to pursue a business degree at a 2-or 4-year College.
- Smart Sense Scholarship- These one-time, $1,000 scholarships are available to all high school seniors who are SEFCU
- New York Credit Union Association (NYCUA) Scholarship- These $500 and $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors who are SEFCU members.
Hagan Scholarship recipients are high achieving, self-motivated students who will require substantial financial assistance to attend college. The Hagan Scholarship provides up to $48,000 over four years; nine hundred twenty-seven Hagan Scholars from 43 states are currently enrolled at 358 colleges and universities. Over 2,000 Hagan Scholarships have been awarded to date, 500 more scholarships will be awarded in April 2021.
The award of a Hagan Scholarship can be life changing for many recipients. For more information and to access the Hagan Scholarship Application please visit our website. The Application Deadline is 5:00 p.m. CST, November 15, 2020. A letter and Hagan Scholarship Brochure will be mailed to you later this month.
H2M architects & engineers 2020 STEM Scholarship
This year H2M will be awarding six $1,000 scholarships to various school districts in the NY/NJ metro area, Lower Hudson Valley and Capital Region District. We encourage all graduating seniors who are interested in pursuing a STEM related undergraduate degree and who plan to enter a career in architecture, engineering, planning, land surveying, landscape architect or environmental science to apply. Requirements
- Completed Application Form
- Official High School transcript
- Personal essay (300-400) words written by the student, describing his/her career
- Two (2) recommendations from teachers and / or guidance counselors or leader in the community
- Additional information that shows the student’s interest in problems and issues related to these professions through job experience, volunteer work, high school course work, special projects,
- All applications must be submitted to H2M by March 14, 2020
- Photo Release form
Injury Doctor Scholarship
- This scholarship is judged & awarded primarily on merit &
- Completed application must be submitted online by June 30, 2020. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE
- Applicant must plan to attend college by fall semester
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 0.
- A transcript must be attached to application for
- Applicant must submit an unopened copy of official transcripts if selected as a
- Applicants must write a 500 word essay on why they are interested in entering the medical field
- This scholarship is a one-time award worth $1,000 to be awarded the fall semester of
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to submit recommendation letters and/or resumes to substantiate their
- Applicant will be required to demonstrate both their merit and their need for this scholarship
The Dr. Lee Shaw Scholarship
To honor the memory of jazz pianist Dr. Lee Shaw, a scholarship fund has been established by Swingtime Jazz Society. A monetary award of $1000 will be presented to benefit a senior who has participated
in music activities, either band and/or choir, shown scholarship and leadership qualities and plans on pursuing a music degree with a focus on jazz studies in college. The application form, Lee Shaw compositions and list of jazz standards that Lee played are available here. Swingtime Jazz Society will rely on you to select from your personal knowledge of the student’s achievements and inform the student of this award. The application and supporting materials are to be submitted by March 31, 2020.