2020-2021 Budget Information
Budget Vote & Board of Education Elections
On Tuesday, June 16, residents of the Berlin Central School District approved the $21,897,649 budget for the 2020-2021 school year by a vote of 712 (yes) to 442 (no). The Bus Proposition passed by a vote of 683 (yes) to 470 (no), and Derrick Gardner (882 votes) and Frank Zwack (842 votes) were elected to the Board of Education.
Thank you to all who voted!
Annual Budget Hearing
The Annual Budget Hearing meeting will take place online using Zoom on May 28 at 7:00 PM. The public is welcome to view the meeting on Zoom here
Who Can Vote
You are an eligible voter if are:
- A legal US resident
- 18 years old by June 9, 2020
- Registered to vote
- A resident of the district for at least 30 days prior to June 9
How You Can Vote
In the interest of public safety due to the COVID-19 pandemic, voting this year will take place using absentee ballots only, per Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order. Every eligible voter will receive an absentee ballot and a postage paid return envelope in the mail.
Qualified voters on the most recent years’ poll lists will be automatically sent an absentee ballot. Anyone who meets the definition of a “qualified voter,” but does not believe he/she will be on the School District’s poll list, which contains the names of residents who voted in recent years’ elections, please contact Mary Grant, District Clerk, at email@example.com as soon as possible to ensure timely receipt of an absentee ballot.
- Absentee Ballot Information
- Application for Absentee Ballot
- 2020 Board of Education candidates
- BOE Nominating Petition
- Information for BOE Candidates
- Board Candidate Statement of Expenditures and Contributions
- Running for the School Board Brochure 2020
- What is a Qualified Voter?
- 2020-2021 Superintendent’s Budget Proposal
- 2020-2021 Budget Statement and Required Attachments
- 2020-2021 Budget Rollover and Academic Programs
- 2019-2020 Budget Rollover (First Draft)
- 2019-2020 Proposed Operations Maintenance Budget
- 2019-2020 Proposed Sports Budget
- 2019-2020 Proposed Transportation Budget
- 2019-20 Budget Statement & Required Documents
- 2019-20 Budget Information
- 2019-20 Public Budget Hearing
- 2019-20 Budget Newsletter
- 6 Day notice brochure
- 2018-19 Budget Newsletter
- 2018-19 Public Budget Hearing Presentation
- 2018-19 Budget Statement & Required Documents
- Notes from Public Hearing
2017-18 Berlin Banner (PDF, 1.82 MB).
The newsletter also contains a letter from Berlin Superintendent, Dr. Stephen Young, as well as a note from Frank Zwack, the Berlin CSD Board of Education President. Additionally, the newsletter features many stories about school programs, activities and student accomplishments. Enjoy!
2017-18 Budget Statement and Required Attachments (PDF, 1.72 MB)
In order to download PDFs, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free at Adobe’s Website