BNL Practice Schedule Change 3/20/23:
Due to weather and facility limitations, this week’s 3/20 -3/24 practice schedule has been adjusted.
Modified Girls Softball will practice 3:00-5:00 pm at Berlin Middle High School today.
Tuesday- Thursday Modified Girls Softball will practice at New Lebanon High School 3:15-5:15 pm.
Berlin Athletes coming from the New Lebanon sites will arrive at Berlin Middle High School at 6:00 pm due to shuttle times. Please have pick-up plans in place for these athletes.
Please find the weekly practice schedule for ALL Spring Sports here https://berlincentral.org/athletics/schedules/
Thank you for your support and understanding,
BNL Athletic Directors
Jason McFall email@example.com and
Corey Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who have not been approved through FamilyID, WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE to start Varsity or JV practice/tryouts next week! Modified Baseball/Softball/Track & Field start March 21st.
The following are the Spring Sports being offered for the 2023 season and coaches:
Varsity Boys Baseball: (NL) Chris Bonacquisti (NL) Andrew Starks
JV Boys Baseball: (B) Kris Moseley (B) Matt Turetsky
Modified Boys Baseball: Mike Hastings
Varsity Girls Softball: (B) Paul Slaver (NL) Lauren Giglio
Modified Softball: (B)Michele Corsey (B) Machaela Jordan
Varsity Track & Field: (B) Jen Burhans, (NL) Aaron Kanofsky (NL) Jim Van Ess
Modified Track & Field: (B) Jason McFall
- Shuttle from NL to Berlin @ 2:40PM
- Shuttle to NL from Berlin @ 3:00 PM
- NL High School Shuttle to WBH @ 2:45PM – Berlin students will be bussed back to Berlin for pick-up around 6pm
Practice/Game/Athletic Director Information
- Practices will begin at Berlin 3:00-4:30 PM
- Practices at New Lebanon 3:15-5:00 PM, WBH 3:30-5:30 PM
- Game start times are 4:30 PM unless otherwise noted
- Practice Schedule: https://berlincentral.org/athletics/schedules/
- Game schedule: https://wasarenleague.org/public/genie/775/school/210/
- New Lebanon Athletics Director: Corey Brown @ email@example.com
- Berlin Athletics Director: Jason McFall @ firstname.lastname@example.org
BNL Athletics Schedule
Wasaren League Game Schedule
BNL Practice Schedule
BNL Varsity Boys Basketball Sectional Game vs Maple Hill Recap
The BNL Boys Varsity Basketball team took on defending Section 2 Champions Maple Hill on Tuesday, February 21st. BNL played with intensity throughout the contest. Full Coach recap here
BNL Swimmers Make Every Lap Count at Sectionals
Congratulations to the BNL Swimmers who competed in sectionals on Friday (2/17)! Find the full coach recap here.
BNL Bowling Sectionals Coach Recap
Congratulations to the bowling team for finishing their season with an amazing day at Sectionals! BNL traveled to Boulevard Bowl in Schenectady on Monday to compete against 24 other Section II teams. Read the full coach recap here.
BNL Girls Varsity Basketball Senior Night
Congratulations to BNL senior Hannah Mace (Berlin) who was celebrated at the BNL Girls Varsity Basketball Senior night game on February 8th. Read more here.
BNL Booster Club Meeting TODAY at 5 pm
Calling all Parents/Guardians of BNL Student- Athletes! The BNL Booster Club needs your support and time. Please consider coming to the next meeting TODAY 2/13 at 5pm. Find out more here.
- Berlin Middle High School Streaming BCSD
- New Lebanon Home Games New Lebanon CSD Streaming
- BNL Home Swim Meet Stream
- Practices in New Lebanon:
- Berlin students will take the NL shuttle bus at 3 pm from BMHS to NL. They will be transported back to BMHS at approximately 5:30pm and will need to be picked up from BMHS.
- Practices in Berlin:
- Berlin students will be able to take the 5 pm late bus home if needed. Sign up for the late bus is in the cafeteria during lunch period and BEFORE 2 pm.
- New Lebanon students will take the NL shuttle bus to and from BMHS.
- Shuttle from NL:
- Departs- 2:45 Arrives- 3:00
- Shuttle from Berlin to NL post practice:
- Departs- 5:05 Arrives- 5:20
- Bowling Transportation:
- There will be transportation to Hoosick Falls BBQ for bowling, but no transportation back to the schools.
- Students must be picked up at Hoosick Falls BBQ at 4:45pm.
BNL Letters and Announcements
- BNL Dominic Murray Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention Act is a new law as of July 1, 2022. This law requires schools, students, and parents/guardians have information on sudden cardiac arrest risks, signs, and symptoms. Please see the letter linked above for more about this.
Mr. Jason McFall
Berlin Central School District
Athletic Director and Adaptive Physical Education Teacher
The Berlin Central School District is pleased to welcome Mr. Jason McFall (aka Coach McFall) as the district’s Athletic Director and Adaptive Physical Education teacher.
Coach McFall has been in the education field as a coach and or administrator for 25 years. McFall will be joining the Berlin Administrative Team as the district’s Athletic Director for the BNL Athletics program. He will also be part of the district’s teaching staff: coaching/teaching strength and conditioning to high school Mountaineers, teaching an Adaptive Physical Education class at the elementary level and working to develop an extracurricular pass/fail intramural program for 6th grade Mountaineers.
Learn more about Coach McFall in his own words here
Berlin/New Lebanon Booster Club
As part of our continued sports mergers the Berlin and New Lebanon Booster Clubs have made the decision to merge into one unit to service all interscholastic athletics. As part of their efforts to communicate with families they have developed a Facebook page. The title of the page is Berlin-New Lebanon Athletics Booster Club and the handle is @BerlinNLBoosterClub. The page contains a wide variety of information and we encourage all parents to check out what’s available.
Wasaren League Information
Wasaren League School Locations
Wasaren League Baseball & Softball Field Directory
Officials’ Retroactive Payment
If you are an official seeking retroactive pay, please download the officials’ claim form and submit to Charles Paravella via mail. Please do NOT e-mail or fax form as we are required to have an original signature.
If you have any questions, please contact the Athletics Department.
ARCHIVED BNL NEWS and INFORMATION
Media Coverage of BNL Athletics
- BNL Boys Varsity Victory over Hoosick Falls in the Bennington Banner
- Best of the Week in Section II sports 4/11
- Important Information from Athletic Director Mr. Paravella 3/18
- BCSD Launches High-Risk Intramurals
- Berlin CSD Approves Intramural High-Risk Winter Sports
- Letter from County Executive Steve McLaughlin on High-Risk Winter Sports