Berlin MSHS Counseling Office
P.O. Box 259
Berlin, NY 12022
P: (518) 658-1500, X1070 F: (518) 658-0483
Registration for Pre-K is located at Berlin Elementary School. Registration for new students in K – 12th grade is located at the Berlin Middle High School Counseling Office, which is located at 17400 NY 22, Cherry Plain, NY 12040. Please call the District Registrar at 658-1500, ext. 1070 to schedule an appointment. Normal business hours are 7:30 am – 2:00 pm. Hours vary during the summer and school vacation periods.
Kindergarten registration is held in March of the year prior to entrance. Children entering kindergarten must be five years old by December 1 of the year the child begins school.
To print and complete the registration packet prior to your appointment, please click here and print, complete and bring it to the Counseling Office with your supporting documentation. One set must be completed for each new student. Bring all completed forms and required documentation to your appointment.
- Registration Requirements
New York State education law requires that the following documents be presented at the time of registration:
Valid photo ID of parent/guardian in the form of a driver’s license, non-driver’s ID or original passport.
- Copy of the birth certificate or passport.
- Official immunizations record and current physical (if previous school can supply this information then you are all set).
- Student’s current IEP if applicable.
- Custody paperwork if applicable. If the student is not the biological child, documents must be presented which prove a permanent and total transfer of custody.
- The complete name and address of the student’s previous school. Parent/guardians in possession of academic or medical records should present them at the time of registration.
- Proof of residency document is required. The document must include the name and address of parent or legal guardian. Acceptable documents include:
Executed Lease Agreement
• If the above are not available, acceptable documentation includes: pay stub, income tax form, utility or other bills.
Sequence of Events:
- Once documents are reviewed and residency is established, the request for school records will be sent to your child’s previous school.
- Receiving school determines the student’s start date at all levels and will notify you.