It is allergy season again! Please review the following guidance with regard to allergies vs. COVID-19 symptoms.
Per the guidance of the NYS Department of Health and recommendation from the BCSD Medical Director; families with students who have seasonal allergies will need to review the following protocols with regards to allergies and attending school in-person.
Students with active allergy symptoms should remain home while experiencing symptoms and review the guidance below:
If the school DOES NOT have documentation of allergies on file in the health office, and the student develops allergy symptoms, (nasal congestion, cough, sore throat). Please take the following measures:
- the student should work with their Primary Care Physician to get allergies under control before returning to school
- the student should be COVID-19 tested
- the student can return to school with improving symptoms
If the school DOES have documentation of allergies on file, please take the following measures:
- the student should work with their Primary Care Physician to get symptoms under control before returning to in-person learning
- the student can return to school with improvement of symptoms
- If the district does not have documentation of allergies, we must obtain written documentation from your Primary Care Physician that states either a diagnosis of symptoms or a negative COVID-19 test
- Documentation of seasonal allergies can be faxed to the Berlin Middle/High School 518-658-0483 or Berlin Elementary School 518-658-0482
- Students should not be attending in-person learning with an active runny nose, cough or sore throat
Thank you for your continued support!
Please contact the BCSD COVID Coordinator Michele Corsey RN with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org