Berlin Central School District Summer Registration
August 3 & 17, 2022
8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Berlin MSHS Counseling Office
P.O. Box 259
Berlin, NY 12022
P: (518) 658-1500, X1070 F: (518) 658-0483
Registration for new students in Kindergarten – 12th grade is held at the Berlin Middle High School Counseling Office, which is located at 17400 NY 22, Cherry Plain, NY 12040. A Registration Day for all students interested in registering is scheduled for August 3 & 17 8:00 am –2:00 pm. Please call the District Registrar at 658-1500, ext. 1070 if you have any questions. During the summer, hours vary for this office, so please call ahead to ensure someone is here to assist you. Our fax number is 518- 658-0483.
- Valid photo ID of parent/guardian in the form of a driver’s license, non-driver’s ID or original passport.
- Copy of student’s birth certificate or passport.
- Official immunizations record and current physical (if previous school can supply this information then you are all set).
- Student’s current IEP if applicable.
- Custody paperwork if applicable. If the student is not the biological child, documents must be presented which prove a permanent and total transfer of custody.
- The complete name and address of the student’s previous school. Parent/guardians in possession of academic or medical records should present them at the time of registration.
- Proof of residency document is required. The document must include the name and address of parent or legal guardian. Acceptable documents include:
- Executed Lease Agreement
- Mortgage statement
If the above are not available, acceptable documentation includes: pay stub, income tax form, utility or other bills.
Sequence of Events
- Once documents are reviewed and residency is confirmed, the request for school records will be sent to your child’s previous school.
- Receiving school determines the student’s start date at all levels and will notify you.