BNL JV Girls Volleyball fought hard but could not quite overtake the Hoosic Valley squad on 4/1. Despite the loss the level of play was high-the girls still were shining examples of athletes working their hardest. – Coach Mrs. Gould
BNL Varsity Girls Volleyball had a 3-0 set loss against Hoosic Valley on Thursday 4/1. The scores were 18-25, 13-25 and 15-25. The girls show improvement every time they are on the court and are working very hard. Our first win will come. I’m proud of this team. Keep up the good work and be positive! -Coach Mr. Slaver
BNL Varsity Girls Soccer- The girls’ varsity team played a solid game against Hoosick Falls. After a first minute score the girls fought back for the next 79 minutes only allowing HF one more goal. BNLs lone goal was made by Tatum Kells off an assist from Rachel Bortnick. Kylieann Krause did a great job in the goal with strong support from the defense. – Coach Mr. Kanofsky and Coach Ms. Day
BNL Varsity Boys Soccer
I am happy to announce that your Berlin-New Lebanon Boys Soccer team notched their first victory. It’s been a long 16 months and seemingly 12 months of March, since their last victory. The world has changed and each one of them has gotten a bit older, but these young men beat the Warriors from Stillwater with 15 shots on goal and 4 goals scored. Score 4-2 Goals scored by Kasey Billert and Winter Exley. Kevin Chitterdan, 5 saves.
Some players stood out in this complete team victory.
- Anthony Prather danced, shimmied, and spun around the other team’s defense making unstoppable runs.
- The Danimal was on the loose as Danny Hunt mixed soccer and hockey in effort to control the midfield, he was moving out there like he was still on skates.
- Gabe Colin emerged as a steady leader encouraging and cajoling his teammates to make better decisions and stay focused when the game was tight.
- Winter Exley was an unmovable object as the other teams players, big and small tried to leverage the ball from him and fell one by one to the wayside, literally. Winter scored 2 in the match.
- Kasey Billert led the line with 2 goals, and an assist, and pace that frustrated the warrior back line.
- The return of Malik Plouffe and his overall experience was valuable as he played 3 positions on the field.
- The team got stronger and stronger as the game went on, and really became dangerous as Wyatt Powers warmed up and actually faked out half of the Stillwater team as he moved the ball into the offensive end over and over again.
- Kevin Chitterden was in goal the whole game, and made critical saves, and controlled the pace of the game in the last few minutes, taking precious seconds off the clock to not give the warriors of Stillwater any chance for a comeback.
- Big Hoss- Gavin Bink– played valuable minutes as he made critical passes and added pace to the game.
Coach Gould is so proud of these boys, it was said that he was standing taller than he ever had as he left the field. – Coach Mr. Gould
BNL JV Girls Volleyball had an exciting, hard earned victory over Hoosic Valley in a 3 game match on 3/30. There were no specific standout players because every athlete played exceptionally well. Bravo! -Coach Mrs. Gould
BNL Varsity Girls Volleyball- BNL had a hard fought 3-1 set loss against Hoosic Valley; it was their 5th match and BNL’s first. Coach Slaver was pleased with how the team played during their first match. Keep it up girls! The best of 5 set scores were 1-25-20, 2-27-25, 3-25-8, 4-25-17 -Coach Mr. Slaver
For livestream links please see the BCSD Athletics page
To submit recaps, highlights and photos coaches please email firstname.lastname@example.org