March 31, 2021
Dear Berlin Families,
As we head into our Spring recess, we would like to share some information regarding state travel guidance, and other health and safety issues.
Beginning Thursday, April 1, there will be no restrictions on domestic travel, see more details here: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-quarantine-domestic-travel-will-no-longer-be-required-starting-april. We expect the NYS Travel Advisory to be updated soon to reflect these changes. Here is what this means for you:
· Effective April 1, there will be no need to quarantine when returning to New York state from any other state in the country.
· It does not matter if you have received the vaccine or not, you may travel without restrictions upon your return.
· International travel still has restrictions and those returning from another country must follow quarantine protocols.
· The CDC does not recommend travel unless it is essential.
· If you travel, you must still complete the traveler health form, which can be found at https://forms.ny.gov/s3/Welcome-to-New-York-State-Traveler-Health-Form
· You and/or your child do not have to be tested upon return to New York unless you are symptomatic. If you, or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms, do not send your child to school.
· Continue to complete the daily health screening form each morning and monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
· Please understand that if positive cases spike again, travel restrictions may return, and you may need to quarantine if they are implemented while you are out of state.
CONTINUE TO BE SAFE
While we are encouraged by the fact that vaccines are becoming available to more and more of our community members, we must continue to be vigilant about following all health and safety protocols so that we do not experience another wave of the COVID-19 virus.
As always, we hope that everyone enjoys their Spring recess, and we can’t wait to see you back in school on April 12.
A. Joseph Dhara
Superintendent of School
Berlin Central School District
For .pdf version of this letter click here.