Berlin Central School District Summer Registration
August 18th & 19th by Appointment Only
Central Registration Berlin MSHS Counseling Office
P.O. Box 259 Berlin, NY 12022
P: (518) 658-1500, X1070 F: (518) 658-0483
Attention new registrants for students in kindergarten – 12th grade for the 2020-21 school year, Berlin CSD has reserved August 18th and 19th for parents/guardians to come in and register their student(s). Parents/guardians must make an appointment with Lisa Purdy in the Registrar’s Office at 518-658-1500 ext 1070 if they intend to register in person. Registration forms are available here.
All new entrants to the district need to have a physical examination within the last 12 months of starting school. Please find the NYS School Health Examination form here.
New registrants are encouraged to register online, for social distancing purposes when possible.
Please contact Lisa Purdy in the Registrar’s Office at 518-658-1500 ext 1070 if you have an questions or concerns.
- Valid photo ID of parent/guardian in the form of a driver’s license, non-driver’s ID or original
- Copy of student’s birth certificate or passport.
- Official immunizations record and current physical (if previous school can supply this information then you are all set).
- Student’s current IEP if applicable.
- Custody paperwork if applicable. If the student is not the biological child, documents must be presented which prove a permanent and total transfer of custody.
- The complete name and address of the student’s previous school. Parent/guardians in possession of academic or medical records should present them at the time of registration.
- Proof of residency document is required. The document must include the name and address of parent or legal guardian. Acceptable documents include: Executed Lease Agreement Deed Mortgage statement
- If the above are not available, acceptable documentation includes: pay stub, income tax form, utility or other
Sequence of Events
- Once documents are received your student(s) will be registered, at which time residency will be confirmed and a request for school records will be sent to your child’s previous school.
- Receiving school determines the student’s start date at all levels and will notify Berlin CSD.