Dear Berlin Families,
Just a quick note to let you know illnesses such as the Flu, Pneumonia and Strep Throat are making their way around school again. We have many students and staff absent from school.
Please keep these things in mind to stay healthy:
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water-super, super important
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect your home regularly, especially if someone is sick.
Please, please keep your child home if:
- Fever- 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, the student will be sent home and should remain home 24 hours fever free without fever reducing medications.
- Diarrhea– occurrence of more than one episode at school and/or with additional symptoms. The student can return to school after 24 hours symptom free.
- Vomiting– occurrence of more than one episode of vomiting and associated with other symptoms. May return to school after 24 hours symptom free.
- Runny Nose– Students who cannot control their secretions and/or have green/ yellowish-brown secretions need to remain home until symptoms improve.
- Coughing- Excessive coughing contributing to the inability of the student to participate in class work or that is disruptive to other students.
If symptoms worsen or persist, see your healthcare provider to be evaluated.