May 26, 2017
Today is a Day 1
· Today’s lunch is Pizza Buffalo Crunchers, Side salad, Fruits and Veggies.
· This week is MS spirit week and today is wear as much Green and Gold as you can.
· The American Young Voices concert is next Tuesday. Students are asked to wear their AYV T Shirts or a plain white shirt, blue jeans and closed toed shoes. You will need to bring in your dinners to Ms. Eliashuk’s homeroom that day. We will be leaving school around 1:00PM.
· The Senior High Spring concert is next Wednesday May 31 at 7PM. Students should wear concert black. Chamber choir should report at 6:15PM and all other students should report at6:30PM.
· Today is the last day that students will be allowed to charge meals/food items. Students must either have cash or money on their account for purchases. All negative account balances must be paid in full by Friday, June 2, 2017.
· Please return all overdue library books. All library books need to be back to the library by June 1st unless Mrs. Hayes hears from a teacher that they are needed for a project.
· There will be an FCCLA meeting on Wednesday, May 31th, (Change in date) in Room 146 from2:15-4:00. All members are encouraged to attend.
· Looking to get a start on summer training? Mr. S will be having a short running session to end the school year if any student, 6th – 12th, is interested. We will be running next week on Tuesday andWednesday. If you have any question please Mr. S or Mrs. Rightmyer.
· The JV and VARSITY sports awards dinner is on June 5 at 5:30 pm. Reservations need to be made by this Friday, May 26. We are asking for a 5 dollar donation per person or 15 dollar donation per family to cover the cost of the dinner. Please see Mr. Schmich for your reservation
· Congratulations to Chloe Demick, Brady Hills and Garrett Votra for being accepted into the New York State ACDA Middle School Summer Honor Choir. Students had to be nominated by their chorus teacher and demonstrate excellent musicianship and exceptional rehearsal and performance etiquette. Students will get to work with renowned composer/conductor Dr. Andrea Ramsey in Albany this summer. Concert date is August 13 at the Hilton in Albany. Congratulations Chloe, Brady & Garrett!
· The Student Council will be hosting a field day for all students in Middle School and High School at 10:00am on June 10th. This will be a fun filled day of games and competitions and will conclude with a color run through the trails around the school. All you need is a partner to join you in the games. Sign-up sheets will be handed out in home rooms tomorrow, so we ask that you fill them out with your partner and return them to Alex Flowers or Mr. S by Friday, June 2nd. We can’t wait to see you there!
· On Wednesday and Thursday the Berlin envirothon team traveled to Hobart and William Smith College to represent Rensselaer county and compete against 46 other county teams from across New York State. The Berlin team made hugr improvements from previous years and places 19th in the New York State envirothon. Congratulations to Taylor Meyer, Ioann Popov, Vincent Scott, Josh Hendricks and Matt Brown.
· Happy Birthday today to Jewel Pietrzak , Garrett Votra and tomorrow to Abigail Sprague